Saturday 11 February 2012

31.

I broke the magic 30 barrier today. The supposedly (enough titles for you to live on) limit. And... it's not even been a month, so I have no idea whether I'll be able to live on just that many titles. Well, this is really a multi faceted endeavor and so I forsee I'll have to rethink my current approach to writing erotica.

I'll be putting out a V-day bundle and an Anti V-day bundle tomorrow and the day after. Then I think I'll take a break for the rest of the week, and see reevaluate my stuff, read some good erotica, train my photoshop skills etc.

Meditate and take a break. I'm not burnt out, hell, I've hardly even started! But at this stage of my literary career(if it can even be called one), I have typed more than 100k words and seen sales plodding along nicely. Maybe I'm just impatient, but I would love to have more people read my stuff.

31 titles out.
Zero unsolitcited reviews. (No idea what readers think of my work.)
4-5 refunds :(

I know success isn't gonna just fall on my lap. I gotta go out and grab it.

But before I can even do that, I need to know where to stick my hands to :P

It really is a numbers game for me. I enjoy writing/pubbing and seeing my booklist grow, just like how I enjoy seeing more people read my work.

Honestly, when I heard some of my fellow authors got pirated, I was kinda sad I didn't get pirated too. What, am I not good enough for you? Even if you do decide to spread my work, please leave my author bio and links behind so that if people like my stories, they know where to buy them! :)

Put out 2 more bundles, take a break. maybe the rest of the week? Just wait and observe. I've put out a new title everyday for the past week and several in the last 2 days, but the number of readers don't seem to be increasing at all. Am I doing it wrong?

If you think so, please tell me why in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment