Thursday 9 February 2012

Time flies.

It really does. Just felt like yesterday (okay, more like a month ago) when I first put out my first title, A Locker Room Encounter. And this weekend, I'm going to put out 30 titles at last. Probably 26-27 shorts and 3-4 bundles. but yes, look at how far I've come.

Here's what I learnt after reaching 30 books (5 more to edit/format/pub).

Don't burn out from typing, enjoy it. I've done >100k words in the past 2-3 weeks and I find myself needing to take more and more frequent breaks. My writing could have suffered, idk. But I sure as hell need more motivation to write more.

It's a great feeling sleeping one night and waking up the next morning, realizing that someone, somewhere out in the world bought your book, read your story and (hopefully) enjoyed it. It may be a small gesture, but I find writing generally fun and meaningful. At least I don't waste paper(ebooks only) and my customers (hopefully) find my reads entertaining and/or stimulating.

It's also nice to see someone buy 4-5 books of yours at one go. Feels like you've had a fan at last! :D

Also nice to see earnings increase and stabilize somewhat, so that financially, at least, I can keep writing what I love best. Steamy short stories that may or may not be full of laughs!

Some naughty writers say 30's the point where you start a self sustaining collection, but honestly, I don't think there's a limit here. You gotta keep writing to make more fans, to reach out to a wider group of people. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. There's no way I'd stop at 30 when there could be 10 more story ideas forming in my mind that people might enjoy!

I'm not sure how long I can sustain this frenzied pace, but I hope it's for as long as possible because I'm seeing a small bundle of awesome snowball into something big. Hopefully when I do have enough $ I can hire someone to redesign most of my less attractive covers and reach out to more people that are visually inclined at first sight haha.

Other than that, I wish everyone to stay safe, stay happy, for readers to keep reading, and for me to keep writing!

PS. V-day's comin' up! I should have something special by then to commemorate both the occasion and my milestones. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment