Sunday 12 February 2012

Why.

<rant>

Why am I doing this, writing all these titles.

Well, for one, I enjoy putting out stories like these. There are some that make me laugh all the way through when I'm fleshing the characters and plot out (see Tossing Caesar's Salad & half a dozen other parodies). Almost all of the scenes that are put out on paper are, I suppose, vivid fantasies that I have, that I find quite hot and hope that you find them to your satisfaction too.

Honestly, I'm a dumb young adult with little commitments. Who wants to see the world, enjoy an education that I believe in and am enthusiastic about above others. I do have family and people that care about me, but I feel trapped. Trapped in this place of old ideas that have lost their relevance to me. They believe job security is the most important thing, along with arbitrary ideas of prestige etc.

Such thinking may have worked for them before, and it continues to entrench them in their current positions in society and life. But like all ideas, they must be improved and even changed when something better comes along.

No longer to we live in a world where education is the *only* key to success. To keep your head down and do what your government, parents and other people tell you to do only because

1. it suits their purposes

2. it's the only way they've known all their life

I respect what they've done and their resistance to change is certainly understandable. But I must prove to them, and myself, the validity of my thinking in this age.

Back in the '60s and '70s, it would have been physically difficult for me to put out a book. Hoping for a publishing deal. Now, the barriers have fallen.

In the past month, I have created more content and typed more words in this very one month period than I have for most of my entire life.

For the first time in my life, I have made money doing something I enjoy. I love writing these stories and love the fact that other people enjoy them too. My work is now available online, where people all over the world can access and purchase them. I have sold my titles in at least 4 different countries (and possibly many more but idk). How many young adults can say something like this?

I'm striving to break free of the figurative chains that bind me to my society.

If you work hard at a steady job, you will not be rich, but you'll never go hungry.

I want to make my own job, to make my own life. I'm not seeking excess wealth, I just need enough to pay for college(can't count on parents for this one) and to live comfortably.

And I will accomplish this before I enter college. It is definitely going to be a hard and thorny road, with many more titles to publish. But if I am willing to put in the effort, who knows, I just might show the archaic thinkers of the previous generation that the world has changed.

</rant>

Anyways, my Valentine's Day SPECIAL Bundle is out, a collection of 3 romancey mf short stories. It should be live on Az in abit, check out my twitter for details! I always post moar there!

No comments:

Post a Comment